LMC were in operation from 1907-1923. They were founded 1907 by a Mr. W. J. (Walter John) Lloyd and made in Birmingham, U.K. They used engines of their own manufacture and had innovative designs in the gearing and in the design of their frames particularly leading link suspension. Initially starting with a 3.5hp (499cc) SV single cylinder engine, they added in 1912 a 4hp (572cc) for side car use and after returning from non-production during the latter years of WW1 they introduced a V twin engine but the price was too high compared to their leading competitors and declining sales saw the company cease in 1923.
LMC 1915 4hp 4hp 572cc
Murray Barnard, Perth, Western Australia
© 1996 mbarnard