The GSC Autocyclette was designed by Captain Smith Clarke “who has been responsible for the layout of several well-known scooters”. It was powered by a single-speed 142cc, 1½hp ohv John engine, produced specifically for scooters by TG John Ltd of Coventry.
GSC was a motorcycle built in 1920 by J. W. Clarke of Kenilworth, Warwickshire. The machine, produced in April of 1920, was designed by Captain Smith-Clarke and resembled his earlier Kenilworth model. The GSC had an ohv four-stroke John engine, with Whittle belt drive to a counter-shaft and then chain to the rear. The Kenilworth scooter-style was maintained by fitting 18-inch diameter spoked wheels. An announcement, made in June, stated that preparations were under way for small numbers to be constructed, but nothing further came of the project.