Wilkinson Sword Company's first machine was a loop framed machine with an Antoine engine and belt drive. Built from 1903-05. From 1908-14 the Company built a radical new bike designed by PG Tacchi. The Wilkinson TAC (Touring Auto Cycle) was driven by a 676cc air-cooled 4 cylinder engine. Later models were water-cooled rode to 848cc and finally to 996cc. Production of the machine transferred to the Ogsten Company for 2 years when Wilkinson shifted its attention to arms manufacture in 1914.
The 1914 Wilkinson
Above photo courtesy of Steve Rackley's Bike Sheds
Murray Barnard, Perth, Western Australia
© 1996 mbarnard